vie, 12 jul|
Sweet Science Boxing Club
Sweet Science Boxing Club 7th Annual USA Boxing Masters Division Clinic
Join Sweet Science Boxing Club for 2 days of USA Boxing Masters Division Boxing Instruction, Training and Networking in the great city of Atlanta,Georgia!
Time & Location
12 jul 2019, 8:00 – 14 jul 2019, 13:00
Sweet Science Boxing Club, 6035 Peachtree Road, Atlanta, GA, USA
About The Event
Sweet Science Boxing Club 7th Annual USA Boxing Masters Division Boxing Clinic. Sweet Science Boxing Club USA Boxing Masters Clinics are 3 day hands on boxing clinics designed to teach, instruct and educate the USA Boxing Masters boxer on the competitive USA Boxing Masters Division for Adults 35+ years in age. Conducted by USA Boxing Committee Chairperson, USA Boxing Level 2 Coach, USA Boxing Level 1 Official, previous competitive masters boxer, Sweet Science Boxing Club owner Marty P. Hill and his staff of USA Boxing Certified Coaches.
Day 1- Friday July 12 2019
8:00AM -Breakfast (Athlete Check in and Registration)
9:00AM- Morning Session Begins
- Introduction into Masters Boxing
- Purpose of the Masters Boxing Clinic
- Proper competitive boxing fundamentals (Proper punch technique, footwork, stance, movement)
- Competitive Boxing Defense (Head movement, Footwork, Distance Control,
- Competitive Boxing Offense (When, What, Where and How to execute punches and combinations for competitive boxing)
2:00 PM- Afternoon session Begins
- Intro into instructional sparring.
- benefits of sparring.
- dos and dont's of sparring.
- Differences in instructional sparring and competition grade sparring.
- Light instructional sparring (outside of the boxing ring) .
- Offense to Defense Sparring and Defense to Offense (within in the boxing ring)
5:00 PM DAY 1 SESSION CONCLUDES
DAY 2- Saturday July 13 2019
8:00 AM- Breakfast (Athlete Check in)
9:00 AM- Morning Session Begins
- How to Identify a USA boxing coach and Masters friendly boxing gym
- How to register and become USA Boxing Masters Division Boxer.
- How to identify and find tournaments for the Masters Boxer.
- What to expect at your first competitive amateur boxing tournament
- Strength and Conditioning for the Masters Boxer.
- How to properly train for competitive boxing ( bag work, jump rope, focus mitts, sparring)
2:00 PM Afternoon Session Begins
- Light instructional sparring (offense to defense and defense to offense)- outside of the boxing ring
- Competition Grade sparring simulation (Within the Boxing Ring)
- Sparring review (video review of sparring session)
5:00 PM DAY 2 SESSION CONCLUDES
8:00 PM Saturday evening Closing ceremony and Networking Event (Location TBT)
Day 3- Sunday July 14th 2019
(optional as many travel home)
- 9am-1pm Light Sparring
Masters Clinic Registration
Sweet Science Boxing Club 7th Annual Masters USA Boxing Masters Clinic Registration.